Archivist and Researcher Specializing in Photography
(323) 578-5353 • firstname.lastname@example.org
PHOTOGRAPHY ARCHIVIST, RESEARCHER & MANAGER, Pasadena, CA
Shalom Harlow 10/2019 – present
- Editorial research and photo organization for world-renowned fashion model.
- Liason with photographers and agents to compile archive.
- Obtain permissions to assets for use in upcoming projects.
Dan Wynn www.danwynn.com
Archive Manager 8/2014 – present
- Management and licensing of 40+ year work of mid century photographer Dan Wynn.
- Digitized and catalogued vast celebrity and fashion work and created new ways to
monetize through licensing and fine art print sales.
Davis Factor www.davisfactor.com
Studio & Archive Manager 1/2012 – present
- Archived 30+ years of celebrity, fashion, beauty and music photography of Smashbox Cosmetics and Studios founder Davis Factor.
- Produce and manage photo shoots and distribution of assets to clients.
- Manage licensing of historical work.
Ricky Jay www.rickyjay.com
Archivist & Manager 1/2011 – 4/2012
- Oversaw the digital archiving and cataloguing of a personal collection of 4,000 pieces of art and ephemera and 10,000 rare books from the 18th century to the present.
- Performed editorial book research.
- Organized consignment of artwork for exhibition and public speaking engagements.
Herman Leonard www.hermanleonard.com
Studio & Archive Manager 8/2007 – 11/2010
- Oversaw and managed business for world renowned Jazz photographer Herman Leonard
- Received a Grammy Foundation Grant for Archiving and Preservation and designed and implemented Digital Asset Management plan to archive, preserve and restore historically significant archive of 60,000 photography negatives and prints from the 1940’s – 2000’s
- Executed numerous retrospectives at prestigious venues.
- Organized media, images and text for two fine art book publications.
- Created and coordinated publicity in broadcast, print and online media, resulting in prime time national and international exposure on NBC’s Today Show, ABC Nightly News, NPR All Things Considered and others.
- Formed and maintained relationships with private clients. Increased sales to prominent collectors, elevating the market value of Mr. Leonard’s inventory.
- Coordinated consignments and print sales with galleries and performed regular consignment reconciliations.
- Performed detailed estate inventory for valuation and appraisal.
MORRISON HOTEL GALLERY
Freelance Gallery Associate 3/2013 – present
- Fine art music photography sales; work with clients on new and existing collections.
- Organize exhibits and events for the gallery.
New York & Los Angeles 6/2004 – 8/2007
Photographer for national lifestyle magazines
- Work published in Town & Country, Smart Money, Los Angeles Magazine and others.
- Participated in national group photography exhibits
- Produced location shoots, including magazine and celebrity assignments for
Photoshop • File Maker Pro • Phase One • LightRoom • Artsystems • WordPress • Word • Excel • PowerPoint • QuickBooks
Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA • Digital Archives for Cultural Institutions
University of California at Irvine, Irvine, CA • Appraisal Studies in Fine & Decorative Arts
CUNY Hunter College, NY, NY • B.F.A. Program in Film Studies
International Center of Photography, NY, NY • Documentary Photography & Photojournalism
Long Island University – C.W. Post, Brookville, NY • B.F.A. Program in Photography
-References available upon request-